Foster Grandparents serve as mentors, tutors, and caregivers for children and youth with special and exceptional needs. They give their time at community non-profit agencies, such as schools, daycares and Head Start Centers, meeting vital needs and solving critical problems in education, public safety, health, and human needs. Foster Grandparents also profoundly enrich their own lives. They find that doing something for others in their community does a lot for them, too.
Since 1965, the Foster Grandparent Program (FGP) has provided valuable resources to the community. Our Mission: Encouraging and engaging senior citizens in helping to enrich the community and the lives of children.
We invite you to become a Foster Grandparent and make a difference in the life of a child.
- 55 years of age or older
- Household income does not exceed 200% of DHS Poverty Guidelines
- Pass a physical exam
- Clear criminal background check
- Most importantly, care about children and want to help them reach their maximum potential
- Pre-service orientation and bi-monthly training
- A tax-free stipend that does not interfere with any other benefits ($200.00 + per month)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Annual physical exam
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance while on duty
Brochure and Application
For additional information, please call 870-612-3000 or 1-800-382-3205
The Foster Grandparent Program is sponsored locally by White River Area Agency on Aging, Inc. and is federally funded by: